I love traveling. It’s one of the few activities I spend my moneys on. Here is a map of the countries I have visited:
I lived in Italy most of my time, first in Palermo and then in Pisa. I lived for about 8 months in Warsaw and for a month in Moscow. I’m currently living in Zürich.
And I still have too many places to see.
One of the very few passions that I carried with me for my whole life. I bought my first manual, D&D 3.0 Player’s Handbook, when I was 13 after my uncle asked me if a game he was playing with his friends long before still existed.
Since then, I tried more than 20 different game systems and met with an enormous amount of people sharing the same passion.
Boardgames are a good option too, but very few of them can beat the fun of a role playing session with your friends!
For 10 years, since 2008 to 2018, I have been cooperating with the Association InformaGiovani from Palermo. Together with them I took part to several workcamps around the world.
Some of the unusual thing I did while enjoying these experiences:
- Helped rebuilding a castle in Hrebeny, Czech Republic.
- Built a garden in commemoration of a massacre ordered by Mafia in Trapani.
- Collected snails from a rice field in Hong Kong.
- Built an oven for pizza in Halong Bay, Vietnam.
- Helped in the renovation of monuments to the Resistance against the fascist regime.
- Several hours of farming…
Traveling around for little or no money, meeting new people, learning English: these have been some of the most rewarding experiences in my life.